If I told you three new homes sold for less than $70 per square foot in the past six months would you believe it? If you read two new homes sold for more than $150 per square foot in the past six months would you believe that?
According to data from the Beaumont MLS there have been 68 sales since July 1, 2009 of homes that are categorized as less than five years old.
Here's a few other things you might want to know if you are thinking about buying a new home in Southeast Texas.
- 108 is the average number of days these homes were on the market
- $235,400 was the median list price
- $226,500 was the median sold price
- Seven of the ten highest priced homes that sold were in Barrington Heights (Its still one of the hottest neighborhoods in town)
- Pine Glen is the place to look if you want to buy a new home priced less than $100 per square foot There have been five sales in the past six months that sold in the 90's per square foot
- $100-$119/SQ FT is the most active price category for newer construction in Beaumont
Did you know it costs more to buy a newer home in Beaumont that it does in parts of Houston? I hear that comment all the time. Here's the deal. In Beaumont we have a small group of semi-custom and custom home builders. In major markets like Houston, they have the big production builders. Production builders put up homes at a lower cost per square foot with a lot fewer bells and whistles than what you will find in the newer homes in Southeast Texas.
What else should you know before you buy? Ask me. I share the secrets with all of my clients.