The Beaumont Board of REALTORS just released the May housing statistics for the Beaumont housing market. Presented in a lovely graphic format for you viewing pleasure...
We are approaching the beginning of the end of the prime summer home buying season. Everyone that needs to be in a new home before school starts in August is running short on time. Considering it takes about 45 days from the time you have an agreed to contract on a home till you can close on the home, anyone who needs to be a home by the middle of August needs to be making an offer in the next 2-3 weeks.
Not to say there won't be home sales in August. There will be but not as many as in the months of May, June and July.
If you need more information about the Southeast Texas housing market, contact a local professional REALTOR - like me. Hiring a REALTOR can save you thousands on one of the biggest purchase decisions you ever make.
Five things to know about home sales for the month of May in China, Beach area, Lumberton, Fannett and Bridge City.
- Fannett and Lumberton homes are selling on average in less than 4 months from the time they are listed in the MLS until they close.
- China and Beach area homes are taking approximately 6 months to sell and close.
- China, Fannett and Beach area homes had median home sales prices above $250,000. That's much higher than the whole SETX housing market which has a median home sale price of $145,000 for the month of May.
- Of these five Southeast Texas areas, Lumberton had the most sales.
- Of these five, Bridge City had the lowest median sales price.
Data like this can help you know what to offer for a home or how much your home is worth. As a local professional REALTOR and member of the Southeast Texas MLS, I can find data for your neighborhood to help you make the best decisions.
When you are ready to sell your Southeast Texas home, contact me for a no obligation, no cost professional home evaluation. Find out your home's true value. Don't believe the online "estimates" they can be thousands of dollars wrong.
The Southeast Texas housing market has been so active this spring, that I haven't had as much time to keep up with the blog. In between closings, I finally had a chance to look at the May home sales data from the Southeast Texas MLS. Much to my surprise there was a home in Buna that shows up in the MLS with a sold price of $13,300,000.
It caught my attention so I had to see what made this home so amazing. Take a look.
MLS Blooper! This will be fixed before the May housing data is published. I think it is safe to guess this home sold for $130,000 not $13,300,000.