It won't go down in the record books as a great year for home sales in Southeast Texas but in case you are wondering which neighborhoods, towns and communities did have the highest number of home sales the chart above shows you the best of the best.
Five things to think about:
- Each area averaged over 100 days for homes to be on the market. (Note to self, if you are planning to sell, you'll probably want to plan on at least a four month marketing time.)
- Most buyers used FHA financing (640), 2nd place Conventional (625), third place Cash (506).
- 1,962 is the total number of residential home sales in Southeast Texas for 2010.
- Less than 2% were homes priced above $500,000.
- Of the 1,962 single family homes that sold: 38 wer mobil homes, 3 were modular homes and 9 were patio homes.
Now for the answer to the question, "Did more homes sell in 2009 or 2010?" More homes sold in 2009. As mentioned earlier 2010 won't go down in the record books as a great year for home sales in Southeast Texas but in case you are wondering, 2011 looks like it might be.
Call me if you would like more information about the Southeast Texas residential housing market.